All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.78
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionZani, first published in 1842, was inspired by a dream. Sir Edward, a Rosicrucian, wrote this engaging, well-researched, vel about the eternal conflict between head and heart, between wisdom and love, played out by the Rosicrucians before the dramatic background of the French Revolution. He described his book Zani as a truth for those who can comprehend it, and an extravagance for those who cant. Following his introduction, the vel is divided into seven parts, whose titles indicate the sevenfold path of spiritual development. The fourth section, The Dweller of the Threshold, is the book's centrepiece, revealing significant esoteric facts and experiences. A velist, a dramatist, a scholar, an editor, and an active member of Parliament, Sir Edward was an extremely successful author whose writings were widely read throughout England and Europe. He poured into this esoteric work all of the ancient esoteric wisdom that he felt he could reveal to the public during an age buried deeply in materialism. This work remains one of the great, pioneering landmarks of esoteric writing.
- Author BiographySir Edward Bulwer-Lytton(1803 - 1873), a prolific Victorian novelist, editor of the New Monthly Magazine, member of Parliament, and Secretary of State for the colonies. He coined the expression the great unwashed and the phrase the pen is mightier than the sword. He also has the dubious distinction of having inspired Snoopy in the Peanuts comic strip with the opening line to his 1830 novel Paul Clifford: It was a dark and stormy night...
- Author(s)Sir Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- PublisherAnthroposophic Press Inc
- Date of Publication18/08/2014
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSteinerBooks, Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.