Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionPoetry. Of the many ways of kwing the world, Stacie Cassari in her elegant and poignant first book of poems, ZERO AT THE BONE, reminds us of the primacy of the senses. She tells us 'our mouths try to get it right' or that the 'mouth of the trees' will swallow us whole, by which she means taste is the most direct authenticator of experience and also the most defenseless because it's instruments of lips and tongue are eager. As a result, her great pre-occupation is with the vulnerability of human relationships, but as the title of the book suggests, Cassari is fearless in her explorations of the risks. She kws 'you've got to live like everything will hurt you' --Michael Collier.
- Author BiographySTACIE CASSARINO lives in Brooklyn, New York and Los Angeles, California. She is a recipient of the Discovery /The Nation prize and the Astraea Foundation Writer's Fund, a finalist for the Rona Jaffe Writers Award, and nominee twice for the Pushcart Prize. She has worked as a chef, and has held teaching positions at Middlebury College in Vermont & Pratt Institute in NYC.
- Author(s)Stacie Cassarino
- PublisherWestern Michigan University, New Issues Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestern Michigan University, New Issues Press
- Weight204 g
- Width157 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.