All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn conversation with such notable critics as Michel Ciment, Robert Sklar, and Tam Kwok-Kan, Zhang Yimou discusses all his films and speaks candidly about his work as both cinematographer and actor. Symbolism in his use of colour, the casting of women protagonists including Gong Li, and his working relationship with Taiwanese filmmakers Hou Hsiao-Hsien and Edward Yang, emerge many times in this collection to reveal a complex and accomplished artist on the threshold of international acclaim.
- Author BiographyFrances Gateward is assistant professor of cinema studies at California State University--Northridge.
- Author(s)Yimou Zhang
- PublisherRoundhouse Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication18/10/2001
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoundhouse Publishing Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight307 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byFrances Gateward
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.