All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.48Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionQi ( vital energy ) is one of the most important concepts in Chinese philosophy and culture, and neo-Confucian Zhang Zai (1020-1077) plays a pivotal role in developing the tion. An investigation of his philosophy of qi is t confined to his particularity, but sheds light upon the tion of qi as it is understood within Chinese and East Asian thought in general. Yet, his position has t been given a thorough philosophical analysis in contemporary times. The purpose of this book is to provide a thorough and proper understanding of Zhang Zai's philosophy of qi. Zhang Zai's Philosophy of Qi: A Practical Understanding focuses on the practical argument underlying Zhang Zai's development of qi that emphasizes the endeavor to create meaningful coherence amongst our differences through mutual communication and transformation. In addition to this, the book compares and engages Zhang Zai's philosophy of qi with John Dewey's philosophy of aesthetic experience in order to make Zhang Zai's position more plausible and relevant to the contemporary Western audience.
- Author BiographyJung-Yeup Kim is assistant professor of philosophy at Kent State University.
- Author(s)Jung-Yeup Kim
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication06/03/2015
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note1 tables
- Weight331 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.