All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHe came from Outer Space...It was the greatest invention in the history of pop music - the rock god who came from the stars - which struck a young David Bowie like a lightning bolt from the heavens. When Ziggy the glam alien messiah fell to Earth, he transformed Bowie from a prodigy to a superstar who changed the face of music forever. But who was Ziggy Stardust? And where did he really come from? In a work of supreme pop archaeology, Simon Goddard unearths every influence that brought Ziggy to life - from HG Wells to Holst, Kabuki to Kubrick, and Elvis to Iggy. Ziggyology documents the epic drama of the Starman's short but eventful time on Planet Earth ...and why Bowie eventually had to kill him.
- Author BiographySimon Goddard is a freelance UK music journalist whose work has appeared in, amongst others, Q magazine, Uncut and the Independent On Sunday. He is best known for his two previous books on The Smiths and their former lead singer Morrissey. His first, Songs That Saved Your Life, was named 'the best Smiths book' by the Guardian and was followed up by the critically acclaimed Mozipedia - The Encyclopedia Of Morrissey and The Smiths. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Simon Goddard
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Weight254 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.