All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionZinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance is the world's best-selling guide to bicycle repair and maintenance. From basic repairs like how to fix a flat tire to advanced overhauls of drivetrains and brakes, Lennard Zinn's clearly illustrated guide makes every bicycle repair and maintenance job easy for everyone. Lennard Zinn is the world's leading expert on bike maintenance and repair. His friendly step-by-step guide explains the tools you'll need and how to kw you've done the job right. The book's two-color interior is easy to read even in a dimly-lit garage or workshop. Hundreds of hand-drawn illustrations and exploded parts diagrams show just the right level of detail to lead you through every bicycle repair task. This smartly organized guide shows how to repair new and old bicycles from top to bottom.In over 500 pages, Zinn's guide includes simple instructions for hundreds of bike maintenance and repair jobs: Basics: How to fix a flat tire, lube a bicycle chain, adjust the brakesEmergency repairs: How to fix a broken chain, tighten loose spokes, repair a bent derailleurEasy shifting: How to adjust shifters, derailleurs, and cables for clean and smooth shiftingWheels: How to true a wheel, install a new tire, change a cassette, replace broken spokes, build your own wheelsOverhauls: How to service and replace pedals, chains and chainrings, saddles, handlebars, stems, headsets, forks, bottom bracketsNew tech: How to maintain 11-speed systems, electronic and wireless shifters, disc brakesCyclocross: How to set up a 'cross bike for racing, select the right components, and make quick repairsTroubleshooting: How to figure out what's wrong with any bike and fix it Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance makes bicycle repair and maintenance easy, quick, affordable, and fun. With Zinn at your side, you'll kw how to keep your bicycling running smoothly for years.What's New in Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance, 5th Ed. More than 700 comprehensive illustrations and exploded views.New chapter on electronic shifting covers maintenance, service, repair, and troubleshooting of all Shima, SRAM, and Campaglo electronic shifting groups. New chapter on disc brakes covers maintenance, service, and repair of all hydraulic and mechanical systems. New tech covered in depth: through-axle forks, SRAM eTap wireless shifting, second generation Shima and Campaglo electronic shifting, direct-mount sidepull brakes, SRAM X-Sync 1x11 cyclocross systems, tubular tire gluing tapes. New troubleshooting chartsNew master guide to press-fit bottom bracketsAlso covered in the 5th edition: All derailleur shifting systems (5-speed through 11-speed); all bottom bracket systems (cone-and-cup through press-fit); all brake systems (including caliper, V-brake, cantilever, and disc); all headset, stem, handlebar and fork systems; wheelbuilding for all bikes including cyclocross and disc-brake wheels; special sections on cyclocross throughout including troubleshooting, maintenance, service, repair, and equipment selection; updated and expanded torque tables; complete illustration index and complete subject index.
- Author BiographyLennard Zinn is a world-renowned bicycle technician, frame builder, and tech writer for VELO magazine and VeloNews.com. Zinn was a member of the U.S. national racing team and has been riding and fixing bikes for nearly 50 years. A professional frame builder and bike designer for his business Zinn Cycles, Lennard hosts the popular bike tech Q&A column on VeloNews.com. His other books include Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance, Zinn & the Art of Triathlon Bikes, Zinn's Cycling Primer, The Mountain Bike Performance Handbook, and The Mountain Bike Owner's Manual. He lives and works in Boulder, Colorado.
- Author(s)Lennard Zinn
- Date of Publication15/01/2016
- SubjectVehicle Maintenance & Manuals
- Place of PublicationBoulder
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1270 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.