Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a study of the ideological and political relationship between Zionism and anti-Semitism in modern Germany, from the nineteenth century through the Third Reich, focusing on the years between 1933 and 1942. It considers three contentious issues in post-Holocaust historiography and debate: the nature of modern German anti-Semitism; the decision-making process leading to the Nazi mass murder of the Jews of Europe; and the nature and role of German Zionism in German-Jewish history before the Holocaust. This study sheds more light on both the ideological and practical assault of German anti-Semitism and Nazi Jewish policy on the Jews of Central Europe, as well as the ideological and political response of some German Jews, the Zionists, to that assault. It concludes that the attitudes and policies of German anti-Semitism and National Socialism toward Zionism reflect a relatively consistent ideology that was applied in an inconsistent and contradictory manner.
- Author BiographyFrancis R. Nicosia is Raul Hilberg Distinguished Professor of Holocaust Studies at the University of Vermont. He is the co-author of The Columbia Guide to the Holocaust (2000) and author of The Third Reich and the Palestine Question (1985 and 2000), and he has co-edited several books, including Medicine and Medical Ethics in Nazi Germany (2002) and Business and Industry in Nazi Germany (2004). He has edited two volumes on the Central Zionist Archives, Jerusalem, in the series Archives of the Holocaust (1990). He was also a Senior Fulbright Research Scholar in Berlin from 1992 to 1993 and 2006 to 2007, and he was named the Carnegie Foundation's Vermont Professor of the Year in 2000.
- Author(s)Francis R. Nicosia
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2010
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight480 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.