All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents an unconventional history of mirity nationalism in interwar Eastern Europe. Focusing on an influential group of grassroots activists, Tatjana Lichtenstein uncovers Zionist projects intended to sustain the flourishing Jewish national life in Czechoslovakia.The book shows that Zionism was t an exit strategy for Jews, but as a ticket of admission to the societies they already called home.It explores how and why Zionists envisioned mirity nationalism as a way to construct Jews' belonging and civic equality in Czechoslovakia.By giving voice to the diversity of aspirations within interwar Zionism, the book offers a fresh view of mirity nationalism and state building in Eastern Europe.
- Author BiographyTatjana Lichtenstein is Assistant Professor of History at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Author(s)Tatjana Lichtenstein
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleThe Modern Jewish Experience
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note2 maps, 1 table
- Weight808 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.