All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most widely-read thinkers writing today, Slavoj Zizek's work can be both thrilling and perplexing in equal measure. Zizek: A Guide for the Perplexed is the most up-to-date guide available for readers struggling to master the ideas of this hugely influential thinker. Unpacking the philosophical references that fill Zizek's writings, the book explores his influences, including Lacan, Kant, Hegel and Marx. From there, a chapter on 'Reading Zizek' guides the reader through the ways that he applies these core theoretical concepts in key texts like Tarrying With the Negative, The Ticklish Subject and The Parrallax View and in his books about popular culture like Looking Awry and Enjoy Your Symptom! Major secondary writings and films featuring Zizek are also covered.
- Author BiographySean Sheehan has taught in London and in the Department of Extaramural Studies at the National University of Singapore.is now a full-time writer. He has written a number of books including Joyce's 'Ulysses': A Reader's Guide (2009).
- Author(s)Sean Sheehan
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- Series TitleGuides for the Perplexed
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.