All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $65.54
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.91
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $86.11
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $47.65
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.34
- AU $10.22Trending at AU $10.51
About this product
- DescriptionIn this first book of the Alice in Fred's Place trilogy, Rondy Suristein learns that her safe, secure life is anything but. It begins when she is arrested for the crime of missing a Dentist appointment. This glitch in Main's instructions is quickly remedied, but these glitches have been increasing in frequency as Main begins to break down. Fifty years earlier the world's population traded their frightening and unpredictable lives for the safety, security, and peaceful busyness of the world that Main created. Every trace of the past has been deleted; all information is filtered through Main. Rondy's octogenarian grandparents are among the last people left who remember the world before Main. They realize w is the time to pass their kwledge along, but Main's ability to track every movement and every conversation of every citizen makes this an almost impossible task. As Rondy tries to assimilate information that shakes her world, her younger brother, Garn, is discovered to be one of the few people left who understands the forbidden art of computer programming. When Garn is kidnapped to join a select group of children who can fix Main, Rondy realizes that everyone in her family is in danger. Just when she has finally connected with someone she cares about, she may have to leave him behind. The time has come for Rondy to make some hard decisions and take action. Escape is possible but the cost is high.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Drake grew up in New York City and spent her adult life avoiding big cities. She now resides in Gainesville, Florida with various animals including two rescued bunnies who have free run of the house. She teaches Computer Programming and has published textbooks on programming logic and Internet programming but writes young adult fiction because... well, because she loves to do it.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Drake
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.