All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionZuppe is a logical second volume in the series of Rome Sustainable Food Project cookbooks-soups are a centerpiece at almost every Academy meal, a great favorite of chef Mona Talbott, and the preparation that perhaps more than any other showcases the produce provided by farmer Giovanni Baernabei, the patron saint of the RSFP. A disciple of Carlo Linneaus, the father of modern botany, Baernabei's farm provides the Academy's kitchen with an endless source of fresh, organic vegetables-both cultivated and wild-that inspire the inventive seasonal menus. The fifty recipes draw from the four traditional categories of Italian soups: those made with water (aqua cotta), those made with stock (brodo), those made with cream (veloute), and soups for the evening meal. The recipes are arranged by seasons. The Rome Sustainable Food Project, a program devoted to providing organic, local and sustainable meals for the community of the American Academy in Rome, has launched a delicious revolution to rethink institutional dining. Headed by chef Mona Talbott, a Chez Panisse alum, and guided by Alice Waters, the menus have given rise to a new, authentic cuisine, inspired by la cucina romana, Chez Panisse, and the collective experience of those working in the AAR kitchen.
- Author BiographyMona Talbott's first food-related job was working in large reforestation camps in Canada. After culinary school she was hired by celebrated chef Alice Waters to work at Chez Panisse. Since 2007, Talbott has been executive chef at the Rome Sustainable Food Project at the American Academy in Rome. She has published articles and recipes in Saveur, Organic Style, and The New York Times. Annie Schlechter has been working as a photographer since 1998. Her clients include The World of Interiors, Wallpaper, House Beautiful, Real Simple, W magazine, Travel & Leisure, and many more.
- Author(s)Mona Talbott
- PublisherLittle Bookroom,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/05/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle Bookroom,U.S.
- Content Notecolour photographs throughout
- Weight414 g
- Width155 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographs byAnnie Schlechter
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.