All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.93
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionHordes of pioneers moved west at a time when Dakota Territory was still unsettled. When the railroad came to town, this land of opportunity soon became a small town called De Smet. Through the years, muddy streets and wooden shacks were replaced with brick and mortar, and the little town grew into a county seat. The hallmark of De Smet comes from the pen of Laura Ingalls Wilder, when she wrote five of her Little House books set in the community. Ensuing years saw the demolition of several of De Smet s heritage buildings, but others remain today, and the validity of these structures bring untold numbers to view them. Long-standing traditions, such as Old Settler s Day, have remained within the borders of the community and are still an exciting part of the town s history.
- Author(s)Laura Ingalls Wilder Memorial Society
- PublisherArcadia Publishing (SC)
- Date of Publication09/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleImages of America
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArcadia Publishing (SC)
- Weight277 g
- Width165 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Most relevant reviews
- old4auld06 Apr, 2015by
Has lots of interesring pictures.
I have an interest in DeSmet and LIW. The book is very nicely done and has lots of pictures I have never seen. Very happy with my purchase.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.