e-Business: Organizational and Technical Foundations by Pieter Ribbers, Michael P. Papazoglou (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $111.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionE business inextricably aligns techlogical advances with business models, business repurposing efforts and organizational structures in order to support end to end business processes that span the boundaries of the extended enterprise value chain. Using lots of real world examples, this incisive guide helps people understand the theory and practice of e business today. It offers a thorough examination of the relationship of e business to business strategy, from business models, supply chains and integrated value chains to governance structures. It covers key topics that businesses need to consider with designing an e business strategy, from XML and business processes to electronic intermediaries and markets, e procurement and e business networks. It provides a complete overview of the technical foundations of e business, with discussions of security, middleware, component based development, legacy applications, enterprise application integration, web services and business protocols.
- Author BiographyMichael P. Papazoglou holds the chair of Computer Science and is director of the INFOLAB at the Univ. of Tilburg in the Netherlands. he is also a honorary professor at the University of Trento in Italy. Prior to this (1991-6), he was full Professor and head of School of Information Systems at the Queensland University of Technology (QUR) in Brisbane, Australia. he also held senior academic positions at the Australian National University, the University of Koblenz, Germany, Fern Universitaet Hagen, Germany, and was principal research scientist at the National German research centre for Computer Science (GMD) in St. Augustin from 1983-9. Papazoglou serves on several international committees and on the editorial board of nine international scientific journals and is co-editor in charge of the MIT book series on Information Systems. He has chaired numerous well-known international scientific conferences in Computer Science. These include the International Conference on data Engineering (ICDE), International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), International Conference on Digital Libraries (ICDL), International Conference on Cooperative Information Systems (CoopIS), International Conference on Entity/Relationship Modelling and others. He is the founder of the International Conference on Cooperative Information Systems (CoopIS) and more recently of the International Conference on Service Oriented Computing (ICSOC). Papazoglou has authored or edited 15 books and approximately 150 scientific journal articles and refereed conference papers. His research was/is funded by the European commission, the Australian Research council, the Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science, and Departments of Science and Technology in Europe and Australia. He is a golden core member and a distinguished visitor of the Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Computer Science section. Pieter M. Ribbers holds the chair of Information Management at Tilburg University, The Netherlands, where he also is head of the Department of Information Systems and Management . From 1991 till 1994 he held a position as affiliated Professor Information Management at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. His interests span management of information technology (in particular question related to alignment and information economics), inter-organizational Systems (in particular electronic commerce), and the strategic and organization consequences of the use of information technology. He is active as researcher, lecturer and consultant. he has supervised more than 20 PhD theses and has contributed articles in this field to national and international professional journals and has (co)authored several books. He is active at international conferences in information systems (ECIS, HICSS, ICIS) and is a member of the editorial board of Information and Management - The International Journal of Information Systems Applications. He has also participated in research programs of the European Commission. As a consultant he has worked with companies such as Brunel, Nolan, Norton & Co., and ING Group especially in outsourcing, scenario development and information economics.
- Author(s)Michael P. Papazoglou,Pieter Ribbers
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/01/2006
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1354 g
- Width189 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition StatementDesktop ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.