Best-selling in GPS, Chartplotters
About this product
- DescriptionThe Garmin Dakota 20 is a lightweight GPS made for the rugged outdoors. It has an electronic compass and a barometric altimeter to help hikers stay on track. The built-in antenna allows this GPS device to get quality reception without the worries that can accompany external antennas. It has an illuminated display with 240x160 pixels resolution. It stores up to fifty navigation routes and up to 1000 waypoints. The Garmin Dakota 20 has 20 hours of battery life on two AA batteries. It has a USB port and a microSD card reader.
- Screen Size2.6 in.
- User InterfaceTouch Screen
- Display Size3.6 cm x 5.5 cm
- Display TypeColor Display
- Resolutions240 X 160
- Features3D Map View,Altimeter,Barometer,Calendar,Compass,Geocaching Mode
- Trip calculatorPoints-of-Interest (POI),Time of sunrise/sunset
- Battery LifeUp to 20 Hours
- Weight148.8 g
- PC InterfaceUSB
- Installed Memory850 MB
- Expansion Slot Typemicro-SD slot
- Antenna TypeBuilt-in
Most relevant reviews
- stevo015903 Sep, 2012by
Great little GPS with most facilities of the more expensive units
The Dakota 20 is very capable for such a small unit. The menu is quite easy to navigate. It had most of the features I was looking for and was cheaper than most other units with similar facilities. Only drawback which I believe is the same with most GPS's on the market, it gets nowhere near the advertised time with Alkaline or rechargeable batteries installed. I found the Alkalines were giving about 4 to 5 hours,and the NiMH batteries were less at 3 to 4 hours before needing to be changed or charged. So overall the Garmin Dakota 20 is up there with the bigger more expensive units for capabilities and easy to use.Make sure to have extra batteries on hand.
- 4gbathome06 Sep, 2012by
A sophisticated, mobile phone size, easily operated GPS. Value for money.
I bought this product mainly to pinpoint hot fishing spots and as a bonus sometimes use it in the car for satellite navigation. The Dakota 20 is a very compact and sophisticated unit with so many applications that I may never use it to its full capabilities. An excellent product for Anglers, Hikers, Campers or Off Road 4x4 driving. The Dakota 20 offers a great deal more than the cheaper versions and is worth the bit extra.
- gerry194408 Oct, 2012by
Your going to love the Garmin Dakota 20
As I have just began Geocaching I wanted a good GPS that was affordable and easy to operate, And the Garmin Dakota 20 has this,it also fits nicely into the palm of the hand. And the touch screen operations is easy. There is nothing I dislike about this unit and cannot compere with other units as this is my first.
- jdr51ejr5406 Feb, 2013by
A great little GPS, does everything I want and so easy with touch screen. Loven'it. I was initially concerned about relating data to map on my laptop but got that sorted through Garmin website.
- hawki12121 Aug, 2012by
great product, lots of fun! good quality. easy to use
use this product all the time for hunting. it is a great product defiantly recommend to others! (look into buying birdseye view for doing things such as bush walking and hunting, it really makes a difference.) the product hasn't failed me yet, helping me get to my destinations and looking back and studying my routes that I had marked when I was out.