All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe history of documentary has been one of adaptation and change, as docu-mentarists have harnessed the affordances of emerging techlogy. In the last decade interactive documentaries (i-docs) have become established as a new field of practice within n-fiction storytelling. Their various incarnations are w a focus at leading film festivals (IDFA DocLab, Tribeca Storyscapes, Sheffield DocFest), major international awards have been won, and they are increasingly the subject of academic study. This anthology looks at the creative practices, purposes and ethics that lie behind these emergent forms. Expert contributions, case studies and interviews with major figures in the field address the production processes that lie behind interactive documentary, as well as the political, cultural and geographic contexts in which they are emerging and the media ecology that supports them. Taking a broad view of interactive documentary as any work which engages with 'the real' by employing digital interactive techlogy, this volume addresses a range of platforms and environments, from web-docs and virtual reality to mobile media and live performance. It thus explores the challenges that face interactive documentary practitioners and scholars, and proposes new ways of producing and engaging with interactive factual content.
- Author BiographyJudith Aston is a Senior Lecturer at the University of the West of England. Sandra Gaudenzi is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Westminster. Mandy Rose is an Associate Professor at the University of the West of England. All three have published widely in the field of digital documentary theory and practice, and are co-directors of the i-Docs bi-annual symposium.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication24/03/2017
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleNonfictions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWallflower Press
- Content Note24 b&w illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJudith Aston,Sandra Gaudenzi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.