All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- DescriptionVatanescu, an impoverished construction worker, wants a future for himself and a pair of football boots for his son. So he decides to head rth to a cold, dark country where there is money to be made. Taking up with a Russian human trafficker, he joins the bottom rung of a begging ring in Finland. But the prospects in this line of work are t as good as he had hoped, and soon Vatanescu is on the run. His luck finally turns when he meets a fellow outcast, a hare fleeing Helsinki pest control. The pair embark on a journey that is funny, dark and wonderfully absurd. Could a beggar and a hare change t just the course of a country, but the way we see ourselves?
- Author BiographyTuomas Kyro (b. 1974) is one of the most versatile, prolific and acclaimed Finnish authors of his generation. His talents were first showcased in his debut novel, 'Leather Jacket', and he rose to prominence in his home country with his novel 'Union'. Kyro draws on a long tradition of Finnish prose to tell compelling stories with great authority.
- Author(s)Tuomas Kyro
- PublisherShort Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/01/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShort Books Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.