Shop by Category
Save on Coins, Notes & Bullion
- coin sheets OPTIMA, for 24 coins up to 34 mm Ø, clearAU $6.61Trending at AU $12.97
- LIGHTHOUSE NUMIS Coin Album incl. 5 pockets, blueAU $22.34Trending at AU $30.43
- MATRIX coin holders, black, inside Ø 32,5 mm, self-adhesive, pack of 25AU $5.63Trending at AU $9.95
- MATRIX coin holders, black, inside Ø 35 mm, self-adhesive, pack of 25AU $5.63Trending at AU $7.53
- plastic box for 100 coin Holders, blueAU $11.34Trending at AU $15.17
- coin Holders for stapling, for coins up to 30 mm Ø, 100 per packAU $11.34Trending at AU $13.21
- Lighthouse OPTIMA Coin Sheets Pack of 5 (12 Pockets per sheet for coin holders)AU $12.95Trending at AU $25.76
- Capsules for ban knotes STABIL 190, inner size 190 x 91 mmAU $4.84Trending at AU $6.86
- 1x 30 Pockets Classic Coin Note Holders Storage Collection Album SheetsTrending PriceAU $0.97 New
- Point Banknote Protect Sleeves 50 Pieces 180mm X 80mmTrending PriceAU $6.14 New
- 5 Pages 20 Pockets Plastic Coin Holders Storage Collection Money Album CaseTrending PriceAU $4.27 New
- 10pcs 27mm Applied Clear Round Cases Coin Storage Capsules Holder PlasticTrending PriceAU $0.95 New
- 40 X Pages Ultra Pro Coin Pages 20 Pockets for Album Folder Double Thumb CutsTrending PriceAU $13.19 New
- 50pcs Stamp Coin Holders Cover Case Storage 2x2" Flip 40mmTrending PriceAU $1.90 New
- 10x Pages 30 Pockets Plastic Coin Holders Storage Collection Money Album CaseTrending PriceAU $11.06 New
- 50x Lighthouse Stamp Coin Holders Cover Case Storage 2x2" Flip 35mmTrending PriceAU $2.27 New
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
What makes up a coin collector’s kit?
Budding numismatists can often get carried away when first putting together a collection; buying up expensive coins without putting in the proper research or having the correct kit. Collecting coins can be a fascinating hobby, however, it’s best to do some background work before putting down big money. That means finding out more about coins, about coin collecting, and about what makes up a coin collector’s kit. You can refer to eBay’s stamps, currency, and coins policy for more information.
One of the most important items in a numismatist’s kit is a coin magnifier. Being able to see every detail on a coin is absolutely essential, as it allows the collector to work out the value of the coin, while identifying flaws and faults. It can also allow the collector to check for error coins and counterfeits. Serious coin collectors may have a solid coin magnifier to keep at home, and a jeweller’s loupe or a pocket magnifier to use on the go. Most collectors prefer 10x-20x magnification.
Research tools are also helpful, especially for new collectors. This can include a grading guide and Universal Rarity Scale, as well as reference books. New collectors can go online to find out what to collect and how to compare prices, while getting their heads round coin handling techniques, collecting lingo, and coin anatomy, identification and valuation. When it comes to buying coins and comparing prices.