Managed Payments Updates
Read This if
- You are a seller on eBay and want simplified fees, payouts and processes
- You haven’t registered for Managed Payments yet
What you Need to Know
eBay is Managing Payments for Sellers
Managing payments is a big step towards making eBay a simpler, more modern managed marketplace and over 1 million sellers have already registered globally. We’ll require all sellers to register for eBay to manage their payments in 2021.
When you receive a notification from us, we recommend you register before the deadline to avoid any interruption to your business. The registration process consists of a few simple steps. Once you have registered we will send you further details about how to prepare your business and take full advantage of our simpler approach to payments.
Information shared during registration allows us to get you properly set up for managed payments and to comply with applicable laws which helps keep eBay a trusted marketplace.
You won’t see changes to your account until we activate it for managed payments. We will notify you of your activation date. Advance registration allows you extra time to prepare your business and for us to give you the best activation experience we can.
What to Expect When eBay Manages Payments
- More ways for buyers to pay: Credit card, debit card, gift card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, Afterpay
- One place to sell and get paid, all on eBay: A single source for fees, customised reports, refunds, better seller protections and dedicated support
- Streamlined operations: Regardless of how the buyer pays, payouts are initiated within 2 business days of order confirmation
Changes to the eBay Invoicing Process
eBay has created a simpler and more modern billing process for your eBay fees and expenses. In late March, eBay will begin the process of phasing out the billing of selling fees and expenses via your payment method stored on file. Instead, eBay will collect fees and other expenses directly from your earnings.
- If your funds are not sufficient to cover these amounts, we will charge your payment method on file (debit or credit card and/or linked bank account)
- Examples of eBay selling fees include but are not limited to insertion fees, promoted listings, listing upgrades and store subscription fees
- You may find information on fees and expenses via the reports functionality in the Payments tab in Seller Hub
- You will receive a monthly invoice in a new format but depending on your monthly invoice date, you may continue to receive invoices in the old format for both April and May. You must still pay any outstanding amounts that are reflected on invoices that you receive during this time. Charges will not be duplicated
A Note About Listings
Once eBay manages payments, your listings are updated automatically to reflect all the ways buyers can pay. Please refrain from specifying preferred payment methods in your listings.
- You will be required to register for eBay to manage your payments in 2021. Please make sure you have signed up for emails from eBay so you know when to register
- If you have already received a notification, please register before the deadline to avoid any interruption to your business
- If eBay is already managing your payments, we will continue to send you updates on new features as they are added