Frequently Asked Questions
What is third party fulfilment?
Third party fulfilment is when you send your inventory to someone else to store, pick, pack and send your eBay orders for you.
Can I use drop shipping?
Drop shipping means you buy stock from a supplier and work with them to send items directly to buyers. Drop shipping is permitted, provided you comply with the guidelines below.
Read our full policy
Third party fulfilment means sending your inventory to someone else to prepare and send your orders for you and can include logistics and services such as inventory storage, handling, packing, postage and customer service.
We don't allow third party fulfilment in certain situations, such as when a seller uses another retailer or marketplace to fulfil their eBay orders in Australia.
What are the guidelines?Allowed
- Fulfilling your own orders, including if you are a retail business selling your own inventory on eBay
- Fulfilling your own orders directly from a supplier (drop shipping) from whom you have pre-purchased stock
- Using a third party to fulfil eBay orders on your behalf when all these conditions are met:
- You are clearly identified as the seller on all packing slips and invoices, and
- You ensure the safe fulfilment of the item within the terms stated in your listing, and
- The third party's fulfilment terms and conditions do not allow them to use, share or exploit the eBay order information for any reason other than fulfilment of the specific order, and
- They do not fall within the "Not allowed" section below
Using a third party provider to fulfil eBay orders on your behalf from within Australia is not permitted when:
- The third party is another retailer or marketplace, such as Amazon. This includes third parties that are owned, directly or indirectly, by another retailer or marketplace, or
- When the third party's terms and conditions do not clearly state that eBay customer data will only be used to fulfil the order, or
- When the third party's fulfilment services breach a seller's obligations under the eBay User Agreement
Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don't, you may be subject to a range of actions. We may limit, restrict or suspend you from buying, selling or using site features. All of your listings may be removed, displayed lower or not shown in search results, without refunding any or all applicable fees. You may forfeit special account status and any discounts.