Add or change your billing address
Your eBay billing address is the main contact address on your account. We also refer to it as your registered address. You'll find this information in the Addresses - opens in new window or tab section of your account settings, and it appears under the Bill to section of your monthly invoice.
Here's how to change your billing address:
- Go to Addresses - opens in new window or tab in the Account section of My eBay.
- Beside the Registration address, select Change.
- On the Registration Information page, enter your new address, and then select Change registration information.
Change or update your automatic payment method
This is the payment method we use to charge your seller fees. In My eBay, you can change or update your credit or debit card details, bank account details, or change the PayPal account you use to pay your eBay fees.
Here's how to update your automatic payment method:
- Go to Seller account - opens in new window or tab in My eBay.
- In Payment methods for seller fees, select Change.
- Choose your preferred payment method.
- Enter your information. For direct debit or card payment, select Save. For PayPal, select Continue.
If you choose direct debit or credit/debit card, you'll need to enter your bank or card details. We'll need to verify your card – so if it's declined during verification, while making payment or at some other time, you'll need to contact the issuer of your card. You usually can't use a pre-paid credit card to verify your account.
To make sure we use the new information for your next invoice, update your payment details at least two business days before your invoice date. If an automatic payment didn't go through, you can make a one-time payment.
Link your PayPal and eBay accounts
You can link your PayPal account to your eBay account to pay selling fees. If you're a non-managed payments seller, you will also use the PayPal account you link to receive payments from buyers and pay for items you buy.
Here's how to link your accounts:
- Go to Account - opens in new window or tab in My eBay and find the PayPal account.
- Choose Link my PayPal account.
- You'll be asked to login to PayPal to complete the process.
Change the PayPal account you use on eBay
To change the PayPal account you use on eBay, go to your Account - opens in new window or tab in My eBay, find the PayPal account information section, and follow the links to be taken to PayPal to update your information.
Change your billing currency
You can change the currency you use to pay your selling fees once a year. You can pay in:
- Australian dollars (AUD)
- US dollars (USD)
- Canadian dollars (CAD)
- Euro (EUR)
- Japanese yen (JPY)
- Pound sterling (GBP)
- Swiss francs (CHF)
You won't be able to change your currency if there are any overdue fees on your account, or if you're a managed payments seller.
After you've chosen your new currency, all fees related to new listings you create will be billed in your new currency. However, any fees related to existing listings will still be billed in your old currency. You'll receive separate invoices for each, until all the fees related to your old currency have been paid.