When you print a postage label on eBay, our negotiated rates let you save money relative to what you would pay at the post office for most services, and you'll save time by not having to stand in line. The postage cost is added to your monthly invoice when you create the label.
Here are a few more benefits of using our labels:
- You don't need a special printer or adhesive labels – just print on normal A4 paper and tape it to the package.
- It's easy to add services such as Signature on Delivery or Extra Cover insurance.
- Your parcel's tracking information is uploaded automatically.
- You can add the order number or other custom text to your label.
Postage labels are only available for items sent within Australia.
How to create and print a postage label
It's quick and easy to create and print postage labels:
- Find the item in the Sold section of My eBay - opens in new window or tab or on the Orders tab of Seller Hub - opens in new window or tab and select Print postage label from the drop-down actions menu.
- Double-check that both your address and the buyer's address are correct. If you need to edit one of them, select Edit below the address.
- Select your preferred delivery service and enter the package details, such as type, weight and dimensions.
- Choose any additional services you want to add (fees may apply for these).
- Select Create label. You can then either open or download the label, print it onto normal A4 paper and tape it to the package. If you'd like, you can print a packing slip by selecting Open packing slip.
Sending an order in multiple packages
If you're posting an order in multiple packages, you can print a different label for each package.
Once you've printed the label for your first package, simply select Print another label for the same order from the label confirmation page. You can then enter the weight and dimensions for the next package.
Each additional label you print will have its own tracking number and will be charged separately, based on the package weight and dimensions you entered.
How to reprint a postage label
You can reprint your postage label at no extra cost within 24 hours of first printing it. Simply go to Manage postage labels - opens in new window or tab and select Reprint.
How to cancel a postage label
If you haven't used a postage label, you can cancel it within 5 days of creating and printing the label. If your cancellation request is approved, you'll receive a credit for postage and related charges within 25 days. The credit will then be shown in your seller account activity, and on your next monthly invoice.
Here's how to cancel a postage label you printed on eBay:
- Go to Manage postage labels - opens in new window or tab.
- Find the item you'd like to cancel the postage label for, then from the Actions column, select More actions, and then select Cancel postage label.
- Choose your reason for cancelling the label. If you want to, you can add a message for the buyer.
- Select Cancel postage label.
Remember that you may not use a label after it's been cancelled, or cancel a label after you've dropped the parcel off.
How to print a packing slip and order details
A packing slip is a receipt summarising the details of the sale. You can print one by choosing Print packing slip on the Manage postage labels - opens in new window or tab page.
You can also print out the full order details for the item. Here's how:
- Find the item in the Sold section of My eBay - opens in new window or tab or on the Orders tab of Seller Hub - opens in new window or tab.
- From the actions drop-down menu, select View order details.
- On the Order details page, select the printer version option, and print the page.