Once the buyer has paid, you can buy a postage label on eBay and simply drop off your parcel at a convenient location near you or, for Sendle services, book a courier pickup at no extra cost. Tracking is uploaded automatically to eBay as soon as you print your label.
Depending on the service, you'll pay the same as or less than the retail rate for postage. The postage cost is deducted from your sales proceeds or charged to your on-file payment method.
For more details, including pricing, please read our Seller Centre article about eBay postage labels - opens in new window or tab. Please note that Sendle applies a fuel surcharge to postage rates, which may vary each month.
We recommend reusing boxes or satchels. Simply cover any old barcodes or addresses, and ensure your item is protected for the journey. Learn more about packing your sold items.
For some sales, you'll receive a postage label straight to your inbox. We'll do this when Sendle is the cheapest available service based on the item details, your location and the buyer's delivery address.
Here's how to download and use the label:
- Go to the email we sent you and select Download a postage label.
- Print the label onto normal A4 paper and tape it to the package.
- Drop off the parcel at a convenient Sendle location - opens in new window or tab near you.
Using the label we sent you is optional. If you prefer to send the item another way, scroll down the email and select Choose a different label, or follow the instructions below to print a label on eBay.
If you don't have access to a printer, you may be able to schedule a Sendle pickup with our printer-free labels.
You'll only be charged for the download label if you use it to send your parcel.
It's quick and easy to get postage labels on eBay from your computer or mobile device. Here's how:
- Find the item in the Sold section of My eBay - opens in new window or tab or on the Orders tab of Seller Hub - opens in new window or tab and select Print postage label from the actions menu.
- Double-check that both your address and the buyer's address are correct. If you need to edit one of them, select Edit below the address.
- Select your preferred delivery service and enter the package details, such as type, weight and dimensions.
- Choose any additional services you want to add (fees may apply for these).
- Select Purchase postage label. You can then either open or download the label, print it onto normal A4 paper and tape it to the package. If you'd like, you can print a packing slip by selecting Open packing slip.
Once you've labelled your parcel, take it to your nearest Australia Post post office or street posting box - opens in new window or tab or Sendle drop-off location - opens in new window or tab. If you booked a courier pickup with Sendle, have your parcel ready for collection by 8am on the day of pickup.
Don't worry if you didn't put 'eBay Postage Label' as the delivery option on your listing. You can also buy a label on eBay if you had offered an Australia Post, Sendle or generic 'Parcel Delivery' service. You do need to make sure that you send the order with an express service, if that's what the buyer selected at checkout.
Reprinting a label
To reprint a postage label, simply go to Manage postage labels - opens in new window or tab and select Reprint. This option is available for 24 hours for Australia Post labels, and 7 days for Sendle labels.
You can also reprint any postage label at no extra cost within 7 days of buying it from the "Your eBay label is ready" email.
Buying additional labels for an order
If you need to split a buyer's items into more than one package, you can print additional labels.
To get labels for a single order in multiple packages:
- Follow the instructions above to get a label for the first package.
- Select Print another label for the same order from the label confirmation page.
- Enter the weight and dimensions for the next package.
Each additional label will have its own tracking number and will be charged separately, based on the package weight and dimensions you entered.
If you have multiple orders to send, you can create the postage labels in bulk and print them all at once.
To get labels for multiple orders:
- Go to the Sold section of My eBay - opens in new window or tab or the Orders tab of Seller Hub - opens in new window or tab and select Print postage label from the actions menu next to one of the items.
- Select the Print labels in bulk link at the top right side.
- We'll show a list of orders awaiting postage. You can remove any orders for which you don't want to print a label, and combine any orders which you want to send together in one package.
- For each order, check the buyer's address and delivery service – you can edit these if you need to – and choose any additional services you want to add (fees may apply for these).
- When you're ready, select Review purchase to see a summary of the labels you're creating.
- Select Confirm and pay to purchase your postage.
- Select Print labels to open and print a PDF that contains all of the labels, or use the drop-down menu next to each order to download the individual labels if you'd prefer to print them separately. You can also print the labels list to help you with picking and packing your orders.
Additional discounts on Sendle labels are available to sellers who print a large number of postage labels through eBay. When you reach the threshold of 160 Sendle postage labels on a rolling 8-week basis, you will automatically receive the discounted rates.
International postage labels
When you use eBay postage labels for international packages, you'll benefit from a discount compared to retail rates for Australia Post International Standard and Express delivery.
To get an international label, simply follow the steps to print an eBay postage label, or print labels for multiple orders. You'll be prompted to fill out the customs form online, and this will be part of the label when you print it off.
Where you can drop the parcel off depends on which service you chose:
- Australia Post International Standard delivery: Take the parcel to any post office (You can't drop it into a red Parcel Post street posting box)
- International Express delivery: Take the parcel to any post office or drop it into an Australia Post Express Post yellow street posting box
As with all eBay postage labels, tracking information for your parcel will be automatically uploaded to eBay. For more information, please visit our Seller Centre:
- International Postage Labels on eBay - opens in new window or tab
- International Selling - opens in new window or tab
Before you get your label, make sure your item can be posted internationally. Australia Post provides more information concerning Dangerous and Prohibited Goods - opens in new window or tab so you can better understand restrictions on import and exports.
When you're printing your postage label on eBay, the customs form will be pre-filled with the sender and receiver details, item description, weight, quantity, value and origin country. All you need to do is confirm and add the HS Tariff code - opens in new window or tab to help both Australia and the importing country understand the contents of the package, and its value and purpose.
The AES/ITN/Exemption field is optional, unless the total value of the parcel contents is more than AU $2,000. In that case, you'll need to supply an Export Declaration Number (EDN) to continue.
For more information about customs and export, please visit the following websites:
- Australia Post: International post guide - opens in new window or tab
- Australian Border Force: Export declaration - opens in new window or tab
When adding the HS Tariff code for your postage label on eBay, remove any full stops from the number. For example, if the code is 3304.10.00, enter 33041000.
Cancel a label or change a booking
Australia Post labels
If you won't be using your label, you need to cancel it within 5 days to receive a credit. Once your cancellation request is approved, it may take up to 60 days for the postage charge to be credited to your account.
To cancel an eBay postage label:
- Go to Manage postage labels - opens in new window or tab.
- Find the item and select the Actions dropdown, then select Cancel postage label.
- Choose your reason for cancelling the label. If you want to, you can add a message for the buyer.
- Select Cancel postage label.
Remember that you may not use a label after it's been cancelled, or cancel a label after you've dropped the parcel off.
If you printed a drop-off label but you're not going to use it, you don't need to cancel it. Sendle labels are only charged when the carrier scans the package.
If you need to reschedule or cancel a courier pickup with Sendle, you can do so up until midnight (AET) of the day before. You can't cancel or change a booking on the day it's scheduled.
To cancel a Sendle pickup or drop-off label:
- Go to Manage postage labels - opens in new window or tab.
- Find the item and select the Actions dropdown, then select Manage delivery with Sendle.
- Select the option to Cancel order in the Manage parcel section of the Sendle tracking page.
If you need to re-book delivery, go back to Manage postage labels - opens in new window or tab, select the Actions dropdown, then select Print another label.
Print a packing slip and order details
A packing slip is a receipt summarising the details of the sale. You can print one by choosing Print packing slip on the Manage postage labels - opens in new window or tab page.
You can also print out the full order details for the item. Here's how:
- Find the item in the Sold section of My eBay - opens in new window or tab or on the Orders tab of Seller Hub - opens in new window or tab.
- From the actions menu, select View order details.
- On the Order details page, select the printer version option, and print the page.
If you don't have a printer, you can schedule a Sendle pickup from home without a label. The eBay printer-free service is available to all sellers within Sendle's printer-free label pickup areas - opens in new window or tab.
To book a printer-free parcel pickup with Sendle:
- Go to your Sold items - opens in new window or tab in My eBay and select Print postage label from the drop-down actions menu.
- Select the No printer required option.
- Choose a collection date, make sure the collection address and contact phone number are correct, and enter any collection instructions.
- Select Purchase postage label.
- Get your item ready to go. Make sure you write all of this information clearly on the parcel:
- Tracking code in the top right corner – a 7-digit Sendle parcel reference such as "S3NDL3R"
- Buyer name & delivery address
- Your address on the back
- Have the parcel ready for collection from 8am on the day of pickup. When the driver arrives, they'll identify the parcel based on the handwritten details, and attach the barcode sticker.