Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first systematic discussion of the theological contribution of John Chrysostom, a seminal figure in the Christian homiletical tradition. His ministry in the late fourth and early fifth centuries marked him as the leading Greek expositor of the Patristic period. This book develops the basic motifs of Chrysostom's thought and gives an overview of the entire range of his contribution. Chrysostom's theology of pastoral ministry, the Christian life, sexual relations, and Church and state receive particular attention. This book will be of interest to all students of the Christian ministry, the Patristic period and the history of Christian theology.
- Author BiographyThe Author: R.A. Krupp is the Library Director and Associate Professor of Church History at Western Seminary, Portland, Oregon, U.S.A. He is a graduate of Franklin and Marshall College (B.A.), the University of Portland (M.A.), Western Seminary (Master of Divinity), the University of Michigan (M.L.S.), and California Graduate School of Theology (Ph.D.). In addition to many reviews and articles he is the author of Saint John Chrysostom: A Scripture Index and A Primer on Theological Research Tools.
- Author(s)Robert Allen Krupp
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/1992
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 7: Theology & Religion
- Series Part/Volume Number101
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1991
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight560 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.