As we know there are so many sellers that offer what they stated as original or authentic stuffs in ebay. Although the principle of 'good faith' -either as buyer or seller- is required in ebay community there are still several members who do not praticing it. Not only offering fake items they also dare to give false information in ebay, such as giving fake phone number.
So how can we overcome this fraud or misleading business?ebay has given us useful guide to check the background of the sellers through their's feedback comments (although this is not really represent the truth, because usually the buyer will give positive feedback immediately in the hope that the seller will give similar response to them) . Other way to check the seller's credibility is mentioned below.
1. If you interested in buying a thing make sure you place your bid with a small amount of money first, even if it is only $1.
2. Only after you place a bid then you can find seller's profiles, such as the phone number through 'Advanced Search' (located at the up right corner of ebay's page).
3. In the 'Search' column click the ''Find Contact Information' and enter the information in the blank box as requested.
4. Just within a second you will receive the basic info about the seller that you are doing business with in your registered email, other than myebay messages. Check their phone number there and call them immediately to make sure they have a real phone number NOT the fake one and ask if they really the seller (for the 'thieves' usually they copied it directly from yellow pages and use others' names. Also BE REALLY CAREFULL with those members who just signed up in ebay less than 2-3 months and start selling expensive things without having any feedback-based on my own experiences...with 's')
5. After you call them try to ask for their address, especially for transaction involving huge amount of money and you won the bidding. This is a fair question since they will know about your address too if they wanna send the item. So there is no reason for them to hide their address (anyway we will need their address too if we want refund/ 'money back guarantee').
Those steps hopefully will help. However if there is still problem with the items received or you do not received it at all, do not forget to report it immediately via 'Security and Resolution Centre' in 'Community' link (next to Myebay button).
And if you received fake item or not as described click this link and follow the step in the page 'Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described' even ebay can protect your loss by giving reimbursement up to AUD 400.
To get more help from real and live customer service 'LiveHelp' is helping a lot...I REALLY MEAN IT:-)
Okay, hope this info will help you to make a safe and sound transaction on ebay. Happy bidding and selling of course......