Already registered as a business seller?Start selling now.
Selling on eBay is the easy wayto make extra money.
Example: Men's blue adidas glide running shoes size 11
eBay is a vibrant worldwide marketplace. There's no equal.
You want millions of people all over the world to see what you're selling? You're in the right place.
And, by the way, we have an entire team dedicated to protect you and every item you sell. This makes eBay a safe and secure place to sell your stuff.
It's really easy to sell on eBay.
Take some snaps and write a great description - we'll help you every step of the way.
Get paid quickly
If your item sells, we make it easy for buyers to pay you.
Box it, print a label and send your item on its way. It's that simple.
Huge selling power for a small fee.
It doesn’t cost a thing to list up to 40 items a month. You only pay after your items sell.
10.9%Final Value Fee
Here's what you get for your fee:
- A worldwide community of more than 177 million shoppers.
- Shipping labels you can print at home, with big discounts on postage.
- Seller protection and customer support to help you sell your stuff.
Optional listing upgrade fees and third party payment processing fees may apply. Some categories are excluded from your 40 free monthly listings. Final value fees vary when listing in Vehicles, Services, and Real Estate categories. Learn more about eBay fees.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I get the best price for my item?Once you start listing your item, we'll recommend a price based on similar items that have been sold recently and whether you want to sell through auction or fixed price. You can then tweak this price to suit you.
Auction-style listings are exciting and you may find that you get a higher price than you were expecting. With a fixed price listing, you can decide what you want to earn and you might make a quick sale.
Whichever way you decide to sell, we'll help you every step of the way.
- How do I take the best photos?A picture is worth a thousand words but on eBay it’s worth even more – a potential sale. The easiest way is to take photos as you list your item using our app on your tablet or phone. To grab buyers’ attention use a clean, preferably white background (cardboard and a wall or a bedsheet work great) to take the photos. Natural light rather than a flash works best so take the photos somewhere bright during the day if you can. Make sure the light faces the front of your item rather than coming from behind as this will make your item appear darker and harder to see.
Take pictures from all angles and be sure to capture any unique details. Take at least 3 but up to 12 photos then upload them for free – having lots of photos increases your chance of selling. Don’t add borders, text, watermarks or starbursts to your photos as they detract from the item. See more tips on taking photos that sell.
- How should I describe my item?To write a compelling title and description remember that the job of the title is to grab buyers’ attention and the description closes the sale.
Your title should be 60 – 80 characters long and include the brand, colour, size and material the item is made of. Any special details like handmade or limited edition should also be included. Think about the different words a person might use to search for your item and include them all, for example mug, cup, glass, teacup. Leave out any ‘super totally awesome’ hype words.
For your description imagine there are no photos of the item so describe all the details, like the shape, prints or patterns, and make sure you cover any flaws the item has too. Don’t forget to include keywords like colour and size in this section as well.
- How should I post an item that I've sold?When you list an item, we'll recommend postage options based on how other sellers have posted items similar to yours.
As soon as your item has sold, we’ll notify you when you’ve been paid and we'll send you the postal address of the buyer.
If you want to save time and money, you can buy and print postage on eBay.
- How do I get my money?For an easy way to get paid that both buyers and sellers trust, use PayPal. All you need is an email, residential address and phone number to sign up. No need to share your bank or credit card details with someone you don’t know. Learn more about PayPal.
- Is it really free to list?Most of the time, yes! All private eBay sellers get 40 free listings every month, and it’s just $1.50 a listing if you go beyond that and list an item below $100. You only pay seller fees when your item sells, which is a small percentage of the final price. Learn more about final value fees.
Ready to sell?Customer support is here for you to make sure your selling goes smoothly.Contact customer support
We’re here to help.
Scroll to top