Add video to your eBay listing
Adding video into your ebay listing description will definitely make your item stunning. A video of someone using your item or showing how it operates or work is undeniably a better way of describing your item than the long detailed written description.
In order to add video to your listing, you need to use this code:
<!-- BEGIN VIDEO -->
<div style="position:relative; text-align:center; margin:auto; width:100%; max-width:600px;">
<div style="width:100%; padding-top:75%;">
<div style="position:absolute; left:0; right:0; top:0; bottom:0; margin:auto;">
<object width="100%" height="100%" type="text/html" allowfullscreen="true" data="http://www.youtube.com XXXXXXXXX"></object></div></div></div>
<!-- END VIDEO -->
You can insert this HTML code anywhere in your listing description.
Just replace the http://www.youtube.com XXXXXXXXX with the share link from youtube video.
Here are the step by step process:
1. Open youtube and search the video that you like to add to your listing description.
2. Click the share button of the video and you see the share link. Copy the share link of the video.
3. On your eBay listing description area, you will see two options, text and HTML. Click HTML , in this box you will see all the text description you have input are all in HTML format. If you don't understand the HTML code it is best to put the video either on the top of the text description or bottom. In this way you won't confused the coding of the description. Now, paste the copied share link into top of the text description. The video will be automatically aligned in the center and will adapt to the size of the screen as well especially on mobile phone device.
4. Now preview your listing and see if the video have displayed in your listing and make sure it works.
5. When everything on your listing goes well, then you proceed in listing your item as usual.
Thank you very much.
If you like this article, please don't forget to visit and subscribe to my eBay store