Using an Exercise Bike as Part of an Exercise Regime
There are many types of exercise bike and many different ways to use them. If looking to incorporate an exercise bike in to daily exercise regime, this guide will help achieve this. There are many different types of exercise bike and so it is important to match the exercise bike to the particular kind of workout aimed for.
If an exercise programme is not already in place then it may be difficult to know what type of exercise bike would be the best fit. This guide will outline the different types of exercise bikes available to explain what the differences are. No matter what type of exercise bike is decided upon, it should be able to be found quickly and easily on eBay.
Type of Exercise
Exercise bikes are a helpful addition to any cardio workout. A cardio workout can be beneficial towards many aspects of fitness such as:
· improving ones heart and lungs fitness
· increasing energy levels
· improvement in mental health
· control of fat levels
There are many other benefits of incorporating a cardio workout in to a health regime. There are also many other types of cardio workout available. As well as using the exercise bike try: running, swimming, jogging, or even yoga. All of these activities would work well together towards increasing overall health and fitness levels.
Types of Exercise Bike
There are many types of exercise bike available, each giving their own benefits. Most exercise bikes are made primarily for providing a cardio workout although some can also help to work certain muscle groupings. It is for this reason that it is essential to research each particular style of exercise bike; to be sure which will be the best fit for you. The three main types of exercise bike are as follows:
· Recumbent exercise bike – Recumbent exercise bikes are relatively simple to use. They are easy to mount and dismount and have a back support, making them the best type of exercise bike for people with injuries or heart conditions. Remember to ask a doctor before taking part in any physical activity, no matter how easy it may seem at the time.
· Upright exercise bike – The upright exercise bike is similar to a real cycling bike in both appearance and use. The user is positioned in an upright sitting position, often leaning at a slight forward angle, giving a slightly different style of workout. The upright exercise bike is also more compact than other kinds of exercise bike meaning that it will not take up as much space.
· Indoor exercise bike – The indoor exercise bike is the type of bike most commonly used at the gym and in spinning classes. Its seat is also much smaller than that of the other types of bikes making it feel less comfortable to most people that use it.
Other Things to Remember
As well as the style of exercise, there are several other factors that should be considered before proceeding to buy the chosen exercise bike.
The first thing to remember is the resistance. There are various ways in which resistance is used in exercise bikes. One reason that resistance is important is because it can be controlled so that more or less energy needs to be put in to the exercise.
Another thing that is available with exercise bikes is a range of electronic attachments. These can be varied from weight detectors to heart rate monitors, to televisions and radios. There are many things that are available to buy along with your exercise bike, however, the more high tech the bike the more money it will likely cost.
When buying an exercise bike to use as part of an exercise regime, it is important to think about whether or not anyone who will be using the bike is suffering from any medical conditions. If this is the case, always seek an opinion from a doctor before taking part in this activity as this could result in unforeseen complications.
No matter what the choice of exercise bike, you should be able to find a wide range quickly and easily on eBay.
How to Buy an Exercise Bike on eBay
Now that you know what you want out of an exercise bike, you can find it quickly and easily on eBay. While you shop, give thought to gloves and stopwatches. To start shopping, go to the sporting goods category, followed by fitness then exercise bikes.
The categories list on the left side of each page will help you narrow down your listings by item type.
Use the exercise bike Finder to quickly narrow down item listings by brand and condition (new or used).
Search eBay listing titles for specific words. For example, if you want to find new exercise bikes, type the keywords “exercise bike new” (without quotation marks) into the search box. Click, “Search title and description” to expand your results. Visit eBay’s Search Tips for more tips on searching with keywords.
If you can’t find exactly what you want, try browsing eBay Stores or tell the eBay Community what you’re looking for by creating a post on Want It Now. Alternatively, use the save a search option on My eBay and eBay will email you when a matching item becomes available.
Remember also to check eBay’s Daily Deals page to find bargains.
Buy an Exercise Bike with Confidence
Make sure that you know exactly what you’re buying and understand how eBay and PayPal protect you.
Know Your Item
- Read the details in the item listing carefully.
- Remember to add delivery costs to your final price. If you’re buying a high value item, check that the seller will insure it until it is delivered to you.
- If you want more information, click the “Ask seller a question” button on the seller’s profile or the “Ask a question” link at the bottom of the item listing page.
Know Your Seller
Research your seller so that you feel safe and positive about every transaction.
· What is the seller’s feedback rating?
· How many transactions have they completed?
· How many positive responses do they have?
· What do buyers say in their feedback?
· Do they offer a money-back guarantee?
· What are the terms and conditions?
· Are buyers positive about the seller? Most top eBay sellers
operate like retail shops and have a returns policy.
A good exercise regime should not be overdone, nor should it include a lot of different types of workout all at once. The exercise bike gives a good cardio workout and so you should try to incorporate at least half an hour of this into your daily life.
Experienced fitness fanatics will mix up their exercise; taking a run one day, using an exercise bike another and swimming yet another. This helps them to exercise different muscle groups and to use their muscles in different ways.
Remember to make sure that you have the space to store your exercise bike.