Most DVDs are categorised by Regions and Format.
There are 6 DVD Regions based on area in the world:
• Region 1: United States of America, Canada
• Region 2: Europe (including France), Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Arabia, Japan, South Africa
• Region 3: Taiwan, Korea, Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam
• Region 4: Mexico, South America, Central America, Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Caribbean
• Region 5: Russia (former USSR), Eastern Europe, India, most of Africa, Nort Korea, Mongolia
• Region 6: China
And there are 2 DVD formats based on the area in the world:
• PAL is the TV format used in the most of Europe, most Africa, China, India, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Nort Korea, and other countries
• NTSC is the format used in the most United States, Canada, Japan, South Korea, Philippines, Mexico, and some other countries.
Both formats are not compatible to each other.
There are some DVD players which are region free, meaning, any DVD regions can be played. Also, there are some DVD players which are multi vision DVD players, meaning, both DVD formats can be played.
Best is to check with the manual or seller of DVD players to be sure. Also don't forget to check with the DVD seller before you buy.
Please vote our guide as an appreciation.
All The Best,
4 Home Entertainment