Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionWittgenstein said that if people never did silly things, thing intelligent would ever happen. In this compelling A-Z of modern igrance, Stephen Bayley gathers silly, curious and sometimes shocking facts on everything that makes our world tick. Why does Judeo-Christianity love mountains? Why was fear of drinking from skulls the original reason for cremation? And where does the word Fuck come from (hint: think berets)? You'll be surprised how much you never knew!
- Author BiographyStephen Bayley is an Observer columnist, polymath and opinion guru whose views are frequently sought in the TV, radio and printed media.
- Author(s)Stephen Bayley
- PublisherGibson Square Books Ltd
- Date of Publication14/11/2012
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGibson Square Books Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.