All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe globalization of psychology is already in full effect in the United States as psychologists find themselves treating clients of varying nationalities and cultural backgrounds. The World Health Organization's International Classification of Diseases (ICD) has been a major factor in the creation of international standards for diagsis and is already used in many medical practices throughout the country, yet it has t been fully integrated into the mental healthcare system.
As such, this book provides psychologists with a brief yet thorough overview of the tenth edition of the ICD with clinical modifications for the US (ICD-10-CM) and will prepare them for its increased prevalence.
Readers will come away with an understanding of the history and rationale behind this system of diagsis, and they will learn how to integrate the coding system and its nuances into their everyday practices. They will also be prepared for upcoming revisions to the ICD-10-CM and the eventual transition to the ICD-11 that will change how psychologists do business.
- Author BiographyCarol D. Goodheart, EdD, is in independent practice in Princeton, New Jersey, USA, and is past president of APA. Her career integrates practice, scholarship, and service to psychology.
Dr. Goodheart works at the intersection of physical and mental health, practice and science, humanism and scholarship.
Before becoming a psychologist, Dr. Goodheart trained as a nurse. She worked in urban emergency medicine and intensive care, as well as rural public health on two Native American reservations. She earned her doctorate in counseling psychology from Rutgers University, and she specializes in the treatment of individuals, couples, and families coping with physical diseases or disabilities.
In addition to her practice, she has served at Rutgers University's Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology in a number of roles: clinical supervisor, contributing faculty, and committee on continuing education.
She is a founding partner of two organizations: PsychHealth, PA, a multi-specialty mental health practice offering treatment services, program design, and consultation, primarily in health psychology; and W2W, LLC, dedicated to the development and dissemination of materials designed to build strengths, promote health, and enhance quality of life for women.
- Author(s)Carol D. Goodheart
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleApplications of ICD-10 and ICD-11 to Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMagination Press, (American Psychological Association)
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.