Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Windows Vista by Shelley O'Hara, Ron Mansfield (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.84+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAbsolute Beginners Guide to Windows Vista(TM) Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft(R) Windows Vista(TM) will have you using your computer and new Windows operating system in time! Here's a small sample of what you'll find inside: * Describes how to get going: starting programs, creating and saving documents, printing, and using your computer for both productivity and play!* Covers connecting to, browsing, and searching the Internet as well as how to send and receive email.* Learn how to use the networking tools of Windows Vista to connect with any other computers in your home.* Explains how to use the new Windows Photo Gallery to organize, edit, and print your pictures.* Details security precautions you can take to prevent viruses, protect against malicious programs, and keep email secure.* Provides advice on how to maintain tip-top performance and organization for your work.* Highlights exciting multimedia features including listening to music, recording your own CDs, and sampling new tunes. Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft(R) Windows Vista(TM) teaches you how to get started with Windows (and computing in general). The book starts with the fundamentals and then builds on these skills in a smooth and effortless manner. The authors walk you through the process using a hands-on approach, covering topics that include starting programs, sending email, browsing the Internet, downloading music, and printing documents and pictures. Not only will you learn the nuts and bolts of using Windows, but you'll also receive a crash course in additional topics, like security and home networking, that will improve your computing experience. Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft(R) Windows Vista(TM) provides valuable, practical advice and instruction that you will refer to again and again. Shelley O'Hara is the author of more than 120 books, most of which relate to computers. She specializes in books that explain technical concepts and features, and writes in terms that the beginning user can understand. A former trainer, Shelley worked in the publishing industry before becoming a full-time writer. She has written some of the best-selling and most popular computer books on the market, including Easy Windows XP, Home Edition and Easy Windows 98. Ron Mansfield is a best-selling author with more than 30 books under his belt, including eBay to the Max and Launching a Successful eBay Store. He is also an eBay and computer consultant and instructor. Category Microsoft Windows Operating System Covers Microsoft(R) Windows Vista(TM) User Level Beginning Introduction 1 Part I The Basics 5 1 Getting Started with Windows Vista 7 2 Saving and Printing Your Work 31 3 Managing Files 45 4 Viewing and Finding Files 59 Part II Communication 71 5 Getting Wired for Communication 73 6 Sending and Receiving Email 85 7 Browsing the Internet 103 8 Ensuring Security and Privacy 127 9 Sending and Receiving Faxes 139 10 Setting Up Windows Vista on a Home Network 149 Part III Digital Media 163 11 Playing Music, DVDs, and Games 165 12 Working with Photographs 183 Part IV Customizing Your Computer 201 13 Customizing Windows Vista 203 14 Setting Up Programs 221 15 Customizing Email and Working with Contacts 233 16 Setting Up Windows Vista for Multiple Users 245 Part V Maintaining Your PC 263 17 Safeguarding Your Work 265 18 Improving Your Computer'sPerformance 279 19 Upgrading Your Computer 293 20 Upgrading Windows 307 Part VI Windows Special Features 319 21 Using Windows Accessory Programs 321 22 Using Ease of Access Features 343 Index 355
- Author BiographyShelley O'Hara is the author of more than 120 books, including the best-selling Easy Windows XP and other top-selling titles. She has authored books on subject matters from the philosopher Nietzsche to how to buy and sell a house to a children's book for the iPod. Her main focus is teaching beginning users how to use technology, including Windows. She has a B.A. in English from the University of South Carolina and an M.A. in English from the University of Maryland. Ron Mansfield is a best-selling author with more than 30 books under his belt including eBay to the Max and Launching a Successful eBay Store, published by Que. He is also an eBay and computer consultant and instructor.
- Author(s)Ron Mansfield,Shelley O'Hara
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication29/12/2006
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight626 g
- Width178 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.