Adobe AIR 1.5 Cookbook: Solutions and Examples for Rich Internet Application Developers by David Tucker, Rich Tretola, Koen De Weggheleire, Marco Casario (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.56+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe hands-on recipes in this cookbook help you solve a variety of tasks and scenarios often encountered when using Adobe AIR to build Rich Internet Applications for the desktop. Thoroughly vetted by Adobe's AIR development team, Adobe AIR Cookbook addresses fundamentals, best practices, and topics that experienced web developers and application designers have inquired about most. This collection also includes solutions for using this runtime environment to build truly invative applications. Ideal for working developers who want to learn the nuances of Adobe AIR through experimentation and troubleshooting, the recipes in this book include discussions of why and how the solutions work.You'll find recipes to help you: build an AIR application with Flex, Flash, or HTML and Ajax; create a database and connect it to your application; put together native menus for PCs and Macs; work with the Service Monitor Framework; utilize the Adobe AIR Update Framework; create branded desktop experiences with custom chrome and custom application icons; develop mash-up applications by consuming Flickr, YouTube, Twittr, and EBay web services; and, distribute your AIR application with the AIR browser API and much more. Adobe AIR Cookbook t only includes dozens of recipes from rising stars in the AIR development community - David Tucker, Rich Tretola, Marco Casario, and Koen De Weggheleire - it also features the best solutions posted by visitors to the Adobe AIR Cookbook community website hosted by Adobe and O'Reilly. If you're ready to expand your skill set with Adobe AIR, this is the book you've been waiting for.
- Author BiographyDavid Tucker is a web application developer and consultant, formerly at the Savannah campus of one of the nation's premiere educational institutions, Georgia Tech. He is an avid blogger and writes primarily about Adobe AIR, Flash, Flex, and ColdFusion at his blog, davidtucker.netand at InsideRIA.com. David spends the rest of the week planning media strategies for educational institutions and not-for-profit organizations.Marco Casario has been passionate about informatics since he was little more than a child and used to program games in Basic for Commodore 64 before dedicating himself to innovative projects for the web using Flash and Director (as far back as versions 3 and 5). In 2005, Marco founded Comtaste, a company dedicated to exploring new frontiers in Rich Internet Applications and the convergence between the web and the world of mobile devices -- MobyMobile and YouThru are representative of their recent work.He is founder of the biggest worldwide Flash Lite User Group and of AUG Italy, a reference point for the Italian community of Adobe users, in which he carries out the role of Channel Manager for the section dedicated to Flex (AUG Italy Flex Gala). He is author of Flex Solutions: Essential Techniques for Flex 2 and Flex 3 Developers (FriendsofED), and has been Technical Editor for Apress, Friends of ED, and WROX for books such as Essential Flash 8, Professional Flex 2, and Flash Applications for Mobile Devices. This year he was a featured speaker at the Adobe MAX Conference in Barcellona where he preseted the Extending Flex Components session, and at the O'Reilly Web 2.0 Summit, presenting Choosing the final Rich Internet Application technology path. He'll also be presenting at 360Flex Europe and FITC 2008.Koen De Weggheleire is a faculty member of the Technical University of West-Flanders (HOWEST), department PIH-Multimedia and Communication Technology (MCT) where he teaches Flash Platform Solutions (Flash, Flex, AIR) with a smile. Koen recently was an author on the book Flex for Developers, Data Driven Applications with PHP, ASP.NET, Koen De Weggheleire is a faculty member of the Technical University of West-Flanders (HOWEST), department PIH-Multimedia and Communication Technology (MCT) where he teaches Flash Platform Solutions (Flash, Flex, AIR) with a smile. Koen recently was author on the book Flex for developers, data driven applications with PHP, ASP.NET, ColdFusion, and LCDS published by friendsofED . At the moment he is very busy, writing the book Advanced AIR applications which will be also published by friendsofED later this year. As the Adobe User Group Manager for Belgium (http://www.adobeusergroup.be) and Adobe Community Expert, Koen is heavily addicted to the community and inspires the community by his blog at http://www.newmovieclip.com and by speaking at several (inter)national events (Adobe MAX, FITC, Flashbelt, Flash on the beach, MCTKring, usergroups,. ). He coordinates the yearly Belgian multimedia conference Multi-Mania (http://www.multi-mania.be) where 800 people come together to learn from industry experts and to share knowledge. When there is still some time left you can find Koen doing freelance Flash Platform consultancy on advanced award-winning Rich Internet Applications. When Koen is not talking Actionscript you can find him producing music, collecting goodies, eating pizza or renovating his 100 year old house. Rich Tretola currently holds the position of Rich Applications Technical Lead. He is an award-winning Flex developer and was the lead author of Professional Flex 2 (2007 ISBN: 0470102675) and sole author of Beginning AIR (2008 ISBN: 0470229047). Rich has been building Internet applications for over 10 years and has worked with Flex since the original Royale beta version of Flex in 2003. Other than Flex, Rich builds applications using ColdFusion, Flash, and Java. Rich is highly regarded within the Flex community as an expert in RIA and is also an Adobe Community Exper
- Author(s)David Tucker,Koen De Weggheleire,Marco Casario,Rich Tretola
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication28/11/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.