All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Adolescent Boys Who Are Suicidal, David A. Jobes demonstrates his integrative, problem-solving approach to working with male adolescents who have contemplated or attempted suicide. Preliminary research suggests that although men and male adolescents are more likely to complete suicide compared to females, there is evidence to suggest clinical success if they are engaged in treatment. Dr. Jobes's approach emphasizes the importance of a strong alliance with the client and working to inspire the client's motivation to pursue psychological and behavioral change. In this session, Dr. Jobes works with a high school-aged boy who seriously considers suicide as an attractive option for escaping problems in his life. Through the course of this session, the teen becomes more hopeful and begins to formulate some sense of his life in the future.
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication15/12/2007
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleChildren and Adolescents Video Series
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Weight82 g
- Running Time100
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.