All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProfessor J. David Singer has been arguably the most important influence on quantitative research into the causes and attributes of war. His pioneering work on the Correlates of War project at the University of Michigan and his numerous books and articles have inspired generations of researchers in the fields of international relations, conflict analysis, security studies and peace science. This collection is a carefully selected overview of his work which provides t only an excellent introduction to his considerable methodological, theoretical and empirical contributions but also an intellectual history of developments in the field of international relations which are reflected in Professor Singer's work. This is essential reading for all those with an interest in the use of quantitative methods in social science, the changing nature of the study of international relations and the analysis of war and peace.
- Author BiographyJody B. Lear graduated with a degree in political science from the University of Michigan (1983). Jody and her husband owned and operated a successful small business for 23 years while rearing four children. In 2005, Jody renewed her interest in international politics and met David when he agreed to a series of interviews for her master's thesis, during which time David welcomed her into collaborations on his anthology. Jody currently resides in the Western North Carolina mountains where she continues to write a book about Israel's security dilemmas, while also working on several creative non-fiction projects. Diane Macaulay was married to David Singer from 1990 until his death in 2009. She is a retired social scientist, continues to live in the house where she and Singer lived together, tends her psyche on its two acres, and works for a non-profit organization. Meredith Reid Sarkees is a long-time affiliate of the Correlates of War project and co-host of the datasets on inter-state, extra-state, intra-state, and non-state wars. She also worked with David Singer in the Caucus for a New Political Science for many years. Her other research area is women's leadership, and she currently serves as president of the Global Women's Leadership in International Security and as a senior researcher for the Girl Scout Research Institute.
- Author(s)J. David Singer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/04/2012
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 23 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byDiane Macaulay,Jody B. Lear,Meredith Reid Sarkees
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.