All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJust down from Oxford in the depression of the Thirties, young Blore-Smith has the confidence of the callowest of youths, and the security of a sizeable private income. But when a car accident causes him to bump into Maltravers, an almost-famous film director, and Chipchase, a dinstinctly amateur psychoanalyst, he finds himself swept into an hilariously instructive - yet costly - adventure...
- Author BiographyAnthony Powell was born in 1905. After working in publishing and as a scriptwriter, he began to write for the Daily Telegraph in the mid-1930s. He served in the army during World War II and subsequently became the fiction reviewer on the TLS. Next came five years as literary editor of Punch. He was appointed a Companion of Honour in 1988. In addition to the twelve-novel sequence, A Dance to the Music of Time, Anthony Powell was the author of seven other novels, and four volumes of memoirs, To Keep the Ball Rolling. He died in March 2000.
- Author(s)Anthony Powell
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight175 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $88.89
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $75.25
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.