All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlex Jennings is a boy with a problem. His mum's sent him away to boarding school because his father, the most famously failed explorer in the history of the Cusp, has escaped from hospital again, yelling 'squiggles'. Make that two problems. Now the evil Davidus Kyte and all his henchmen are after Alex, convinced he alone kws the meaning of the word 'squiggles'. OK, make that three - Alex Jennings is a boy with a lot of problems. But with the help of a talking dog and a girl with unfeasibly sharp teeth, he just might have what it takes to cross the Forbidden Lands, escape the evil Davidus Kyte, and find out what lies beyond the Cusp ...
- Author BiographyRoss Montgomery is a first-time author. He started writing stories as a teenager, when he really should have been doing homework, and continued doing so at university. After graduating, he experimented with working as a pig farmer and a postman before deciding to channel these skills into teaching at a primary school. He wrote his novel when he really should have been marking homework. He lives in Finsbury Park with his girlfriend and many, many dead plants.
- PrizesShortlisted for Branford Boase Award 2014 and Costa Children's Book Award 2013.
- Author(s)Ross Montgomery
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight285 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.91Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $47.52Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.25Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $28.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.