All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionWritten both for veteran train travelers and those considering their first rail journey, this guide book will make any trip smoother and more enjoyable with its insightful travel trips and lots of information about how railroads operate. The author explains how individual trains are operated and offers tips on booking trips, finding the lowest fares, packing for an overnight trip, what to do on board, and whom to tip and how much. This revised fourth edition includes a new chapter about eight major railway stations, and is updated throughout with new information and photographs. It discusses Amtrak's new locomotives and Viewliner sleeping cars, changes in rules regarding pets and bicycles on American trains, and much, much more, making it the ultimate guide to American train travel and its unique history and culture.
- Author BiographyJim Loomis is a writer whose columns on train travel have appeared in publications such as the Dallas Morning News, Family Motorcoaching, Honolulu Advertiser, Honolulu Star Bulletin, and International Living. He is a member of the board of directors of the National Association of Railroad Passengers. He lives in Haiku, Hawaii.
- Author(s)Jim Loomis
- PublisherZephyr Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationTuscan
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZephyr Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight478 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.