All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the successful publication of his first volume of essays in Foreign Law and Comparative Methodology Professor Markesinis continues his quest for the best way of presenting foreign law to Common law readers. This second volume thus contains essays on methodology: the horizontal application of human rights; the tortious liability of statutory bodies; the growing impact of human rights law on our law of torts; the differing approaches to problems raised by actions for wrongful life and wrongful birth; differing judicial styles and what they can tell us about a foreign system,as well as the growing use of foreign law by British judges in their judicial and extra judicial work. These essays, along with their rich bibliographical references, will provide much food for thought to practitioners in these above-mentioned areas of the law as well as teachers and researchers in the fields of public law, foreign law and legal methodology.
- Author BiographySir Basil Markesinis,QC, LL.D. (Cantab.) DCL (Oxon) D. Iur h.c. (Ghent, Paris I (Sorbonne) and Munich), is Professor of Common and Civil Law at University College London and Jamail Regents Chair at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Author(s)Sir Basil S. Markesinis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/03/2001
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2001
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteindex, tables
- Weight780 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Foreword byIuta Limbach,Richard Wilberforce
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.