Applied Social Psychology: Understanding and Addressing Social and Practical Problems by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $129.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by thecoop_au
- Est. delivery by 30 Jan
- AU $82.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an introduction to the field of applied social psychology which looks at the nature of social psychological theory and how it is used to enhance our understanding of social and practical issues. The book begins with separate chapters that define the field, examine social psychological theory, review research methods, and consider the design and evaluation of interventions. Subsequent content chapters focus on the application of social psychological theory and kwledge to such areas as counseling, sports, media, health, education, organizations, criminal justice, community, environment, and diversity. Key Features: * offers a greater level of expertise with contributing authors to each chapter while ensuring unity of perspective and approach in their writing style * balances theory and research methods and the role they play in applied social psychology * provides broad coverage to give students a more thorough appreciation of the scope of this field and the variety of social problems it addresses * includes a Culture Context discussion in most chapters to highlight cross-cultural concerns and perspectives * provides Focus on Research and Focus on Intervention boxes that provides students with a more in depth appreciation of the processes of designing, executing, and evaluating research studies and interventions. New to this Edition: * new separate chapters on personal relationships (chapter 15) and applying social psychology to the classroom (chapter 16) * new cutting-edge research and topics that explore social psychology in everyday life such as research on the effects of embedded sexual content in the media, team goal-setting and social cohesion in teams, and new strategies for inducing pro-environment behavior The Second Edition of Applied Social Psychology is reader friendly and emphasizes the connection between academic material and the student's real-world experiences. It is designed for undergraduate students in the social and behavioral sciences studying applied social psychology.
- Author BiographyFrank W. Schneider (PhD, University of Florida) is Professor Emeritus of Psychology, University of Windsor. He is a cofounder of the doctoral program in Applied Social Psychology at the University of Windsor. He coauthored a textbook on differential psychology and has published articles related to a variety of topics, including policing, group dynamics, organizational effectiveness, evaluation research, social psychology of education, gender roles, domestic violence, helping behavior, race relations, nonverbal communication, attribution theory, and adjustment of the elderly. His current research interests are in the areas of community policing and police organization effectiveness. Jamie A. Gruman, (PhD, University of Windsor) earned his doctorate in Applied Social Psychology with a specialization in organizational psychology. He is currently an Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior at the University of Guelph in Ontario, Canada, and has previously taught in both the psychology departments and business schools at the University of Toronto and the University of Windsor. An award-winning researcher, he has published articles in such journals as Basic and Applied Social Psychology, Human Resource Management, the Journal of Vocational Behavior, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Human Resource Management Review, Human Resource Development Quarterly, and the Journal of Managerial Psychology. His current research interests pertain largely to positive organizational psychology and his point of entry into this topic is often the organizational socialization process. He is also the founding Chair of the Canadian Positive Psychology Association. Larry M. Coutts (PhD, University of Windsor) is the president of L. M. Coutts & Associates, an organizational and human resource management consulting firm, and teaches part-time in the Sprott School of Business, Carleton University. Larry is a former Director of Research and Development for the human resource consulting company EPSI Inc. and a former Assistant Professor in the Applied Social Psychology division at the University of Windsor. He also has held positions with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police as director of the Organizational Design and Job Evaluation Branch and as a senior research principal with both the Personnel Research Branch and the Canadian Police College. His research interests include industrial and organizational psychology, specifically personnel selection (assessment centers, simulation exercises, structured interviews, and testing) and organizational change and development. Much of his published research has focused around law enforcement settings (personnel selection in law enforcement, police hiring and promotion, senior police executive development, etc.).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/12/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date28/10/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight798 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byFrank W. Schneider,Jamie A. Gruman,Larry M. Coutts
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.