All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $29.80
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.24
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.27
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.69
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $58.92
- AU $27.55Trending at AU $33.91
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.64
About this product
- DescriptionLinking a culture's food to its history and politics, this collection of recipes offers rare insight into real Middle Eastern cuisine and family life. This distinctly different guide to Arab cooking provides authentic recipes for salads, meats, and desserts accompanied by thoughtful tales of Arab culture, etiquette, and history. As the author recollects his childhood in Nablus, adventures in Maghreb, tales of Bedouin women, and various religious customs, he reveals the ancient traditions tied to the food at a Middle Eastern dinner table. The simple and inexpensive recipes include falafel, hummus, couscous, rice, oven-cooked meats, and traditional salads, soups, and sweets. An appetizing mix of food and history, this cookbook explores the kwledge, technical skills, religious teachings, climate, and lifestyle necessary to fully savor the tastes of a true Middle Eastern meal.
- Author BiographySalah Jamal was born in Palestine and has traveled widely around the Middle East. He is a professor of cultural diversity at the Catalan University of Vic and holds a seat on the board of Barcelona's leading cultural forum, the Ateneo.
- Author(s)Salah Jamal
- PublisherSouvenir Press Ltd
- Date of Publication14/04/2005
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSouvenir Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, map, ports.
- Weight268 g
- Width215 mm
- Height136 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.