All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPRACTICAL ANSWERS ONE HUNDRED REAL QUESTIONS. Asthma is a very common condition, affecting people of all ages from infant to adult. Many people are t aware that it can be very dangerous, even fatal, if it is t taken seriously and properly treated, as it can flare up without warning. Asthma needs regular preventative treatment and the authors explain why this is so important. They show you: * How to recognise danger signs. * When to worry and when t to. * What to do in an emergency. * When to call for help. This Fifth Edition of Asthma: Answers at your Fingertips answers 100 real questions on asthma asked by people with asthma and their families, and answered by experts in the practical treatment of asthma.It helps you to take control of your condition, so that you can lead a rmal, active life, free of symptoms. Available on Kindle. Table of Contents: Part 1 Introduction Part 2 What is asthma and how does it affect people? Part 3 Symptoms and triggers of asthma Part 4 How is asthma diagsed? Part 5 Treatments for asthma Part 6 Controlling asthma Part 7 Living with asthma Part 8 Children and asthma Part 9 Emergencies Dr Mark L Levy MBChB, FRCGP is a London general practitioner with a lifetime of experience treating asthma. He was Editor-in-Chief of the Primary Care Respiratory Journal (w Primary Care Respiratory Medicine), and was the Clinical Lead of the UK National Review of Asthma Deaths, published in 2014.
- Author BiographyDr Alex Bailey is an old age psychiatrist in the Westminster Community Mental Health Team and Lead Clinician for Older People at CNWL NHS Foundation Trust, London. He is an honorary lecturer at Imperial College London. He has worked on numerous national projects relating to education and dementia and is former clinical advisor to the NHS Medical Director at the Department of Health. He trained in family therapy and has a masters in Education from Imperial College. He is an executive member of the Faculty of Old Age Psychiatry at the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Author(s)Dr. Alex Bailey
- PublisherClass Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationBrigg
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClass Legal
- Weight349 g
- Width147 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.