Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionApplying current theory and research, this book links the development of sex differences in cognition to biological foundations, multiple social processes, and contextual factors. Areas covered include evolutionary biology, neuroscience, social roles, and cultural contextualism and the issues of the onset, causes, developmental trajectories, and patterns in children's and adolescents' thinking, problem-solving, academic performance, and social conditions that are related to behaviors in each of these areas. An edited volume with chapters by leading scholars, this book is meant for use by graduate students, researchers, and practitioners in the fields of developmental cognitive and psychology, learning and socialization, biology, and education. Cognitive domains addressed include language and verbal abilities, mathematical and quantitative abilities, spatial abilities, and social cognition.
- Author BiographyANN McGILLICUDDY-DE LISI is the Marshall R. Metzgar Professor of Psychology at Lafayette College. RICHARD DE LISI is a Professor of Educational Psychology at Rutgers University.
- Date of Publication30/10/2001
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleAdvances in Applied Developmental Psychology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 21
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAblex Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight620 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAnn McGillicuddy-De Li,Richard de Lisi
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.