All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionBiometrics: Personal Identification in Networked Society is a comprehensive and accessible source of state-of-the-art information on all existing and emerging biometrics: the science of automatically identifying individuals based on their physiological or behavior characteristics. In particular, the book covers: *General principles and ideas of designing biometric-based systems and their underlying tradeoffs *Identification of important issues in the evaluation of biometrics-based systems *Integration of biometric cues, and the integration of biometrics with other existing techlogies *Assessment of the capabilities and limitations of different biometrics *The comprehensive examination of biometric methods in commercial use and in research development *Exploration of some of the numerous privacy and security implications of biometrics. Also included are chapters on face and eye identification, speaker recognition, networking, and other timely techlogy-related issues. All chapters are written by leading internationally recognized experts from academia and industry. Biometrics: Personal Identification in Networked Society is an invaluable work for scientists, engineers, application developers, systems integrators, and others working in biometrics.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/04/2013
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleThe Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science
- Series Part/Volume Number479
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note87 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight646 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAnil K. Jain,Ruud Bolle,Sharath Pankanti
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.