All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with biomimetic sensors that can quantify taste and smell - the electronic tongue and se. Of all sensor techlogies, these have been widely considered as the most difficult to realise and the development of these sensors significantly contributes to the understanding of the reception mechanisms in gustatory and olfactory systems. The author begins by dealing with the basic principles of measurement and multivariate analysis. Reception mechanisms in biological systems are briefly reviewed. Several types of biosensor, including enzyme-immobilized membranes, SPR, the quartz resonance oscillator and IC techlogies are explained in detail. This book is the first to focus on artificial taste and smell sensors and also reviews conventional biosensors, such as enzyme sensors, in detail.
- Author(s)Kiyoshi Toko
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2000
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note147 b/w illus.
- Weight610 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.