All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $73.17Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.34Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionLindsey believed she married wealthy newspaper heir Stan McBride for love back in 1939. But as the years pass, she realizes it was just a family business deal. Stan didn't care about her, neither then r w. Like his father, all Stan cares about is perpetuating the family business through a lock-tight will bequeathing everything to just one male heir. When Lindsey gives birth to twin boys two years later, she quickly learns just how the first-born heir arrangement will destroy her dreams of a rmal, close-knit family. As the boys grow, the family becomes increasingly dysfunctional. One son is groomed to take over the family fortune while the other is taken for granted. Lindsey wants both sons to be treated equally. She wishes she could change the arrangement. When the opportunity unexpectedly arrives, she is determined to do just that.
- Author BiographyDavid Perry Snelling is the author of three novels published in both trade paperback and e-book. His stories are a blend of family sagas and historical fiction, mixed with suspense and a large dose of intrigue and mystery. His novels typically feature strong female lead characters who drive the stories. A career journalist, he worked on three metropolitan newspapers on the west coast as a reporter, copy editor, copy desk supervisor, wire editor and technology editor. As a reporter, he specialized in politics, including assignments covering presidents, cabinet officers, governors and visiting heads of state. He received awards from the Associated Press and the Los Angeles Press Club. During his career, the author watched with fascination as newspaper ownership evolved from sole proprietorships to media corporations. His novel Birthright is a fictional account of the things he observed during his career. It depicts a family power struggle for control of a large newspaper chain. His novel The Wedding Shoes takes us back to the height of Swedish emigration in 1889 and the bewildering experience of a young farm couple who become separated in the New World and struggle to be reunited. It's filled with rich historical detail and suspense. The novel Without a Clue is a mystery based on events ten years after the German occupation of Norway during World War II. A former Norwegian policeman and his wife moved to Puget Sound near Seattle. The story opens when she reports him missing in 1955. He has vanished without the slightest trace of evidence. The investigation reveals some surprising twists and turns both in Norway and America. Born in Chicago and raised in the Los Angeles suburbs, the author graduated from Long Beach State after a year as editor-in-chief of the campus daily newspaper. He earned a degree in Journalism and minored in History. He has traveled extensively in Europe and Australia. He and his wife resided for a time in Geneva, Switzerland. He splits his time between homes near San Diego and on Camano Island on north of Seattle.
- Author(s)David Perry Snelling
- Date of Publication12/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.