All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStewart Jameson, a Scottish portrait painter fleeing his debtors in Edinburgh, has washed up on the British Empire's far shores--in the city of Boston, lately seized with the spirit of liberty. Eager to begin anew, he advertises for an apprentice, but the lad who comes kcking is lad at all. Fanny Easton is a fallen woman from Boston's most prominent family who has disguised herself as a boy to become Jameson's defiant and seductive apprentice. Written with wit and exuberance by accomplished historians, Blindspot is an affectionate send-up of the best of eighteenth-century fiction. It celebrates the art of the Enlightenment and the passion of the American Revolution by telling stories of ordinary people caught up in an extraordinary time.
- Author BiographyJane Kamensky, professor of American history and chair of the History Department at Brandeis, is the author of The Exchange Artist. Jill Lepore is the Kemper Professor of American History at Harvard University and a staff writer at The New Yorker.
- Author(s)Associate Professor of History and American Studies Jill Lepore,Harry S Truman Professor and Chair of the Department of History Jane Kamensky
- PublisherSpiegel & Grau
- Date of Publication29/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleRandom House Reader's Circle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpiegel & Grau
- Content Notemaps
- Weight381 g
- Width135 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.