All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrating the whats, whys, and how-tos of the leading evidence-based treatments for eating disorders, this unique volume is organized around in-depth cases. A range of therapies are represented in sections covering behavioral, cognitive, affect-based, relational, and integrative approaches. Each section opens with an instructive overview by the editor. The expert contributors show what their techniques look like in action with patients struggling with arexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge-eating disorder, and related problems. Cases cover the entire process of treatment and include therapist-patient dialogues. The essential role of assessment in treatment planning and progress monitoring is highlighted, with detailed descriptions of relevant instruments and procedures.
- Author BiographyHeather Thompson-Brenner, PhD, is a clinical psychologist in private practice in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She founded the Eating Disorders Program at the Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders at Boston University, and directed the program for more than 10 years. Dr. Thompson-Brenner is a former member of the research faculty in the Department of Psychology at Boston University, where she is now Associate Adjunct Professor. Her research and publications focus on the influences of patient personality traits, clinician emotions and attitudes, and patient race/ethnicity on eating disorder treatment, as well as the implementation of empirically supported treatments for eating disorders in clinical practice. Dr. Thompson-Brenner serves on the editorial boards of Psychotherapy and the International Journal of Eating Disorders. She is a Fellow of the Academy of Eating Disorders and is a recipient of a Patient-Oriented Career Development Award from the National Institute of Mental Health.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication23/06/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight648 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byHeather Thompson-Brenner
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.