All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe decorated Ice Age caves are some of mankind's greatest artistic achievements, and there is substitute for seeing the caves themselves. There you can see the art - paintings, engravings, bas-reliefs or drawings - in its original, natural setting, and stand where the artists did 30,000-10,000 years ago. For speleologists and holidaymakers alike - indeed anyone who wants to add a visit to a cave to their itinerary - here is an essential handbook. The first guide to all the decorated Ice Age caves in Europe that are open to the public, Cave Art covers more than 50 caves in England, France, Spain, Portugal and Italy, as well as relevant museums and centres. This second edition has been fully revised and includes three additional caves and four new facsimiles.
- Author BiographyPaul Bahn is a distinguished archaeologist and writer and broadcaster on archaeology. He led the team that discovered the caves of Creswell Crags. He lives in Hull.
- Author(s)Paul G. Bahn
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note50 colour photographs and plans
- Weight454 g
- Width135 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementRevised and updated ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.