All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may t be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book.A new edition of the acclaimed, best-selling survival guide for teachers struggling to find answers to children s challenging behavior. Stressing that every child has some kind of special need, especially children with challenging behavior, this book contains numerous practical, indispensable tips for responding to those needs, building relationships with children and their families, and preventing challenging behavior. It provides teachers with background information that enables them to understand why children behave the way they do and presents several evidence-based strategies to address their challenging behavior effectively so that teachers can select those best suited to the child and the situation. Useful to education students as well as in-service teachers in pre-school, child care, and primary school, the book emphasizes the importance of the teacher s role in the behavior of children and encourages students and educators to reflect on their own values, feelings, and actions. In addition to up-to-date research on culture, dual-language learning, resilience, and inclusion, this new edition focuses on what stress can do to children s brains, executive function, and behavior. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos.Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(r) and Android(r) tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone for 50-60% less than a print bound book.
- 0133802663 / 9780133802665 Challenging Behavior in Young Children: Understanding, Preventing and Responding Effectively
- 0134145550 / 9780134145556 Challenging Behavior in Young Children: Understanding, Preventing and Responding Effectively, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
- Author BiographyBarbara Kaiser and Judy Sklar Rasminsky first teamed up more than two decades ago to write The Daycare Handbook (1991). Since then they ve published a number of award-winning and bestselling books and booklets, including Meeting the Challenge (a Comprehensive Membership Benefit of the National Association for the Education of Young Children in 1999), Challenging Behavior in Young Children (winner of a Texty Award for textbook excellence in 2007), Challenging Behavior in Elementary and Middle School (a Texty winner in 2009), and a series of webinars and guides on bullying for the Nova Scotia Department of Education (2013). Barbara Kaiserhas taught at Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, and at Concordia University and College Marie-Victorin in Montreal, QC, Canada. In addition to presenting workshops and keynote speeches on challenging behavior all over the world, Barbara has acted as a consultant for Mr. Rogers Family Communications, Inc., and was the chief consultant for Facing the Challenge, an instructional DVD based on Challenging Behavior in Young Children produced by the Devereux Early Childhood Initiative in 2007. She holds a master s degree in educational administration from McGill University and founded and served as the director of two child care centers and an after-school program. Judy Sklar Rasminsky is a freelance writer specializing in education and health. Her work has appeared in numerous magazines, newspapers, and anthologies, and she has won awards from the National Association of Government Communicators, the International Association of Business Communicators, and the National Institutes of Health. For many years an editor at book publishers in New York and London, she has a B.A. from Stanford University and an M.A. from Columbia University. Visit Kaiser and Rasminsky at www.challengingbehavior.com and read their blog at www.childrenwithchallengingbehavior.com
- Author(s)Barbara Kaiser,Judy Sklar Rasminsky
- Date of Publication16/01/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleWhat's New in Early Childhood Education
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight567 g
- Width183 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback
- Edition Statement4th
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.