All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Chinese overseas have long been relevant to China, especially to qiaoxiang, and vice-versa. Qiaoxiang refers to regions from where emigrants migrated overseas, where there are therefore ties with Chinese communities overseas. Unlike most other works, which cover either China or the Chinese overseas, this book examines both China and the Chinese overseas in relation to qioaxiang. With clearly presented chapters that examine the ancestral homeland, Chinese overseas, China and transnational networks, and the diversity of settlements and homelands, the expert team of international contributors of Chinese Transnational Networks have created a volume which will be essential reading for students and scholars of migrations studies, Chinese diaspora and Chinese culture and society.
- Author BiographyTan Chee-Beng is a Professor at the Department of Anthropology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/10/2006
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleChinese Worlds
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byChee-Beng Tan
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.