All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the course of the Civil War, Northern daily newspapers printed over 2,000 separate maps depicting campaigns and military operations. Although they are important primary documents, these maps have been largely overlooked by historians and enthusiasts because of the difficulty in locating them. This cartobibliography is the first finding aid to the war's journalistic cartography. The book lists all kwn Civil War maps published in eighteen daily newspapers in Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus, New York, Philadelphia, and St. Louis. Entries consist of map title, scale, dimensions, author (when kwn), engraver (when kwn), and tes on sources of information and geographic coverage. Maps are grouped by newspapers, which are arranged alphabetically, and listed chrologically under each newspaper. A thorough geographic, subject, and personal name index provides access to the entries.
- Author BiographyDAVID BOSSE is curator of maps and newspapers at the William L. Clements Library at the University of Michigan. He is the author of the forthcoming Civil War Newspapers Maps: A Historical Atlas.
- Author(s)David Bosse
- Date of Publication30/05/1993
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in Military Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 5.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight573 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.